A collection of media coverage of our Caucus members this week.
- During a two-hour debate, our members fought vigorously against overriding Governor Hogan’s veto of a bill that eliminates BPW oversight over school construction. Delegates Nic Kipke and Ric Metzgar, spoke out against the veto override. Delegate Mary Beth Carozza argued to sustain the Governor’s veto. Delegates Bob Flanagan and Susan McComas also spoke in opposition to the veto override.
- Delegate Joe Cluster spoke out against passing the Automatic Voter Registration.
- Delegate William Folden spoke about his bill to reduce bottlenecking and road rage on WCBC Radio.
- Delegate Bob Long says “It’s a no-brainer” to support incentives to bring Amazon’s HQ2 to Maryland.
- Delegates Rick Impallaria and Johnny Mautz debated weapon free college campus legislation. The debate on making college campuses gun-free zones spurs discussion on past shootings and the effects of gun-free zones.
- Delegate Susan Krebs sponsored legislation that would establish a state-wide reading policy. This would mandate students in third grade read at grade level before moving to fourth grade.
- Delegate Kathy Szeliga discusses Attorney General Brian Frosh’s latest lawsuit against the Trump Administration.